Adsense

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Creative Story - Cheryl Zaccaro


NEW JERSEY, USA

Cheryl is a horsewoman and occupational therapist. Pictured above: Cheryl on her beloved Syncho.

Describe the feeling you have when heavily into an activity you love.
Feeling of lightness, capacity, happiness, whistling, singing, better listener, better communicator, nothing feels bleak, time flies, empowered, and what is great is all that juice stays with me ...like the good HDL gets increased vs the bad HDL...better than any medicine ever created!

What does the creative process do to or for you?
It can be distracting 'cause if I have a creative thought I can move away from what has to be done to what is more fun to do ...and that is to let the mind function creatively ...Funny, I never had a creative thought about doing the dishes...Eureka! Maybe that is the way to tackle everything ...think of it as a creative challenge...I am going to try that for a few days and I'll get back to you.

What do you do to satisfy your soul?
I talk to my friend ... I do some good things for other people. I connect to my husband which has really nurtured my soul. I pet my dog and ride my horse. I have a snowball fight. I play in my garden. I meet a friend for lunch.

Who has inspired you in your life to achieve your potential? How?
The HYDE SCHOOL through my son...They focus on: unless you are the best you can be, your son is gonna struggle...forcing me to spend more time looking at myself and sharing with others goals I have for myself; and when you see those goals on paper and talk about it there is no escaping from working toward change.

Do you have an interesting story to tell about what you do and how you got to it? Why do you love it?
When I was a girl I use to wish for a horse. I'd wish on stars, birthday candles, 4 leaf clovers, break wish-bones. I would have sold my soul, I think. Though that wish didn't come true in my childhood the dream never left me. For my 40th birthday my husband surprised me with not any horse, but a white horse so beautiful it took my breath away. In my real life for those forty years I grew up, went to college, got married, had a couple of careers, moved around, adopted a son, and realized that one thing that nurtures my soul is helping others...enter therapeutic horseback riding.

I began volunteering at therapeutic horseback riding programs wherever I lived. At 53, I went back to school, got certified as a therapeutic horseback riding instructor. My childhood dreams and career have merged. My work is now my play.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: