Adsense

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Creative Story - Shari Vogt


FLORISSANT, MO, USA

What does creativity mean to you?
It means letting yourself express yourself in any way that makes you happy or allows your emotions to flow. It's following your own rhythm.

What is your creative passion? How do you approach it?
My creative passion is expressing myself from the depths of my soul. I don't have to work hard at doing this. Whenever I create a piece of art, if I don't know what it means before I start, I discover a message in the process or when looking at the completed piece.

Describe the feeling you have when heavily into a creative activity you love.
I am lost in another world when I'm deep into a work of art. I am filled with joy and awe at what is being created before me. I feel as if I'm directed from some other source or maybe a part of my brain that I just don't visit that often. I don't know where my ideas come from. They just flow.

What does the creative process do you, or for, you?
The creative process makes me whole. It allows me to connect to myself in ways I cannot reach through other means.

How have you fulfilled your own creative urges?
I fulfill my creative urges each time I make time to create.

What do you do to satisfy your soul?
My art satisfies my soul. I usually end up blogging about a piece after I finish it or share it with my partner explaining what it means to me. This gives my soul a voice other than the voice communicated through my art.

How are you creative in your life?
I am creative in the way I approach things. I'm the type of person who, if presented with a problem, I'll try to find a way around roadblocks or dissolve the roadblocks completely.

Who has inspired you in your life to achieve your potential? How?
There hasn't been just one person, though I know I received my optimistic view on life as a bi-product of living with my father who was the ultimate pessimist. He was also argumentative. So the only way to communicate with him would be to argue and take the opposite view. To this day I find myself arguing for the positive...looking for the opposing, but positive, view.

Share you inspiring story about why you love what you do, how it is creative and how you got to do it.
I do many things to express the murmurings of my soul -- altered books, collage, assemblage ... anything involving lots of bright colors! But the most important thing I have ever done was have a site created to share my most crazy and inspiring idea -- Found Art.

This site promotes a global art project where people create art and leave it in their communities for others to find. I believe that art speaks at a deeper level that words cannot reach. By making art and giving it away, with no strings attach, artists send a ripple of generosity and an important message from their soul. No matter who finds it, how it is accepted, or if no one ever finds it, the ripple of love and compassion is still out there making a difference.


Check out Shari's Found Art website at http://www.foundart.org

Posted by Picasa

No comments: