Adsense

Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Creative Story - Troy Ruskamp

LINCOLN, NE, USA

What does creativity mean to you?
Creativity means to me doing the best and most satisfying living. Art is life and life is art, it is doing whatever you do, and not giving a damn about what others think about you, or what you do, or how you, how you talk.

Creativity is trying to express yourself and communicate with others in your own way, it’s your own, and it may not get along with others, and for this they are going to have to get the truth. -"I don't like you"- this should be expressed and set. When two approaches or "personalities" conflict with each other, they should do as like charges on atoms do and repel. This is the one way, and may not have much to do with creativity, but…

Creativity comes from within as do the other good "behaviors" - kindness, gentleness, compassion; you know, all those, but it takes more, your "spirit", your desire for good that is in you, overall: love, but it takes an effort or mainly time, and example. But when people are loving, kind, etc., their creative spirit comes out.


What is your creative passion? How do you approach it?
My creative passion is that I'm trying to discover my creative passion still. I am a college student, so I mostly have to give time for studying, but I have just started to venture out to new things besides TV and... yep, that's about it, but I have started to read more; Shakespeare and Walt Whitman and I am trying to improve my drawing skills.

Describe the feeling you have when heavily into a creative activity you love.
I feel like I'm halfway up a hill, and I reach the top, and then slowly and steadily come down and out, and I look behind and feel that I've just accomplished something.

What does the creative process do you, or for, you?
It gives me a release of all the energy I have so I feel that at least I'm not wasting my time here, and it puts a balance in my week, it makes you feel a relief, you gain a good approach to all other activities you do, including talking, eating, just doing stuff, you have self confidence, 100%. You know your place in life. And the rest of history and the future, you see yourself as equal.

How have you fulfilled your own creative urges?
I have fulfilled them by taking up the practice of drawing and reading Walt Whitman and Shakespeare, and I have moments of fulfillment, but I have not finished a drawing, when I finish it, that will probably be my creative fulfillment, but you can fulfill them every day, but never be fully satisfied.

What do you do to satisfy your soul?
I don't know how to answer this, I "dig" into my soul, I long, I read W.W. and try to gather the best insights and comments on life, and try to communicate those to others and am most happy when I find someone who is with me, who is positive, who is "in tune" with him/herself.

How are you creative in your life?
I think I already answered that question, but I would like a creative hobby like drawing, painting, writing (maybe).

Who has inspired you in your life to achieve your potential? How?
My high school English teacher said, "They say this (high school) is the best time of your life, but they’re wrong." She told us that your life is good and that you will be the happiest when you make it the happiest and that was truth, and she knew it, and I believe her. And from that I live my life.

No comments: